There are also some great photos of a frozen Gorman Falls from a few years ago
hiding in the internet.

-----Original Message-----
From: David [mailto:dlocklea...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 11:58 PM
To: CaveTex
Subject: [Texascavers] Sitting Bull Falls Cave

Seeing all the photos of icicles today, made me recall a very fond memory of
going inside Sitting Bull Falls Cave during a cold spell just like
this one in 1992.

All of the Falls had frozen solid.     It was quite a sight to see,
but unfortunately
I did not have a wide-angle lens to capture it.

I would recommend to any caver next time it gets cold like this to go see
that.    It would have to coincide when there is a good water flow, but I
do not know how you would find that out.

I found the photo link below, and pretty sure that is it.   It looked
just like this.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6181/6144102731_99bc69e60a_z.jpg

( photo posted by a Jim Gumm )

David Locklear