All,
     FYI, Martin Heinrich was active (probably still is) in the Sierra
Club. He was an active community member, sitting on neighborhood committees
and conservation committees since his youth. He is also a hunter (in favor
of the right to bear arms). He was on the Albuq. City Council before
running and winning election into the U.S. House of Representatives and
then the U.S. Senate. Interestingly, when he was running for city council,
he ran against Linda Doran (who was also running for the same highly
contested race); Linda came in 2nd place. Linda was a caver with CRF, the
SWR and Sandia Grotto.  She lives in CA now. It just goes to show that
cavers can be and are politicos.  We can be active in the caves as well as
our communities and our nation.

Linda Starr