This is such wonderful news!!!

What a fantastic day! When asked during OT what her name was she answered:
Mallory Mayeux. Where was she from: Longbridge, Louisiana (It's really where
we live-suburb of Cottonport). Who was I- Miss Vickie-This is what my little
Pre-K students call me and she calls me that sometimes especially when she
is picking on me. Later in the day, the speech therapist asked her brother's
name. She answered Caleb Mayeux. And it was so neat when her grandma called
me. I had my mom talk to her on the phone. Well, mom said ""Hey Mallory, and
Mal answered back "Hey grandma. I was floored by all of this and so excited
I cried. She is mouthing all of this and it comes" out as a faint whisper at
best because she has the trachea tube in and air is not passing over her
vocal cords. They have what is called a "voice" little round thing on the
end of her tube that she wears during the day to help her make sound but she
isn't forceful enough. But it is clear to everyone what she is saying.She is
enunciating very clearly.

Also, during OT Steve told them how she had been on American Idol and sang
"I'm so excited." So the OT who is exactly Mal's age found it on her I-phone
and her and Mal sang it and Mal even danced (moving her shoulders) while
sitting on the exercise bench. We were so shocked. It was Mal's personality
coming out. Everybody loved it. She was so funny because she kept reaching
for the OT's I-phone, was able to turn it on. But the OT would say you have
to sit for however long, then I will give it to you. We have Mal's I-phone
there but she didn't want to listen to her music when I asked-too tired. It
is password protected, so we will have to wait until she can open it. She
also turned on a blinking wand, is helping to push up for sitting and
standing, responding to commands.

Absolutely incredible! Please say those thanksgiving prayers. The doctors
say she is moving fast.

The only sad thing is that now that she is aware (not constantly though) she
cried four different times today.
Once, when her dad had to leave. He woke up this morning at 2:30 a.m. to go
to court about the guy who hit her. We are definitely going to be the
squeaking wheel. The prosecutor has 600 cases, but most are not nearly as
serious as Mal's. But she calmed down when I told her dad would be back the
next day. Later, she was being put on the tilt table where they need to test
her blood pressure as she stands. It takes a long time and they have to
check all along the way. When she got to the top, she started crying, her
muscles are hurting, and she is strapped in, too. So I just hugged her and
she wrapped her arms around me and hugged me, too. It felt so good to be
able to hug her after not being able to touch her for so long. She calms
down after loving and reassuring her. We are still in awe of the
accomplishments of today. Thanks for your prayers and good wishes.