Can we have the NSS convention in Austin for the next 5 years?

From: Mark Minton [mmin...@caver.net]
Sent: 11 August 2013 20:26
To: texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: [Texascavers] Re: NSS Convention  weather (was New NSS Fellows)

         While it wasn't exactly devastating, there was a pretty
severe thunderstorm on Wednesday night during the Campground
Party/Terminal Syphons performance.  It rained several inches and one
edge of the campground flooded.  A few tents were partially submerged
and some people had wet sleeping bags.  The creek running along one
edge of the campground came within 6 inches of overtopping its banks,
but didn't quite go over.  If it had, many more people would have gotten wet.

Mark

At 12:18 PM 8/11/2013, Julia Germany wrote:
>WTF?  No devastating storms this year at the NSS convention???? And
>I missed it.  Maybe I've been bringing them with me......
>
>Anyway, glad it went off without a hitch or hiccup.  Sounds like a
>missed a good one!
>
>julia

Please reply to mmin...@caver.net
Permanent email address is mmin...@illinoisalumni.org

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
medium.  Thank you.