Didn't we used to have a non-cave-related forum?

CC: texascavers@texascavers.com
From: caver...@hot.rr.com
To: dlocklea...@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 12:04:56 -0500
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] Mars in the news

I was under the impression CaveTex was  for Texas caving. Lets keep it Texas
caving.

Jim

On Aug 29, 2013, at 11:45 AM, David wrote:

The current newsstory about Earth life originating on Mars is greatly flawed.

Mars several billion years ago was most likely farther from the Sun.
Possibly the Sun was bigger & brighter, then too.  The Earth would have been
further away from the sun too.
Venus might have been in the ideal location.

If you go back many billions of years, the Solar System was most likely very
volatile.   The building blocks that ignite the cells of life, could have been
bouncing off everything, just like they have been doing all over the Universe
for trillions of trillions of trillions of years, and for trillions of years
before that.

It is total arrogance of the human race to believe we are at the beginning
stages of this process, and that we are the final stage in this process.   Our
ancestors in a billion years will have never heard of the human race.

David Locklear