Too bad some Lubbock cavers didn't get there and check it out before it went
'viral'. Looks to be naturally dug and dry. Unfortunately irrigating the yard
above it finally weakened the roof.
In 1986 I was asked to investigate a similar collapse info a tunnel in rural
PA. A guys tractor wheel started the collapse,  while turning his pasture.
Another caver and I suited up and  climbed down and mapped it. It was only
hundreds of feet long with small dimensions like this one, except it was waist
deep flooded. It was near an old rail bed that was long gone,  the Juniata RR.
Looking at old maps proved it was a very early iron prospect, from hundreds of
years ago.

Guy covered up the collapse with old tires and kept farming.
John Lyles

Sent from a Motorola Droid