Forwarded on behalf of Barbara MacLeod:

"These were carefully-planned experiments in sensory isolation, set far into a familiar but then seldom-visited, beautifully decorated cave that was used by the Classic Maya to propitiate earth and rain gods. Ancient human bones and pottery were found nearby. The stays were 48 hours, with no light, in a very quiet part of the cave. Buckets on strings provided drinking water and potty facilities. We had plenty of food but ate little of it. Some very interesting events took place in our minds. Barb"

The paper is Pathways Into Darkness: The Search for the Road to Xibalb�, by Barbara MacLeod and Dennis E. Puleston. Tercera Mesa Redonda de Palenque, 1978.

http://www.mesoweb.com/search/search.asp

javascript:open_window('http://www.mesoweb.com/pari/publications/RT04/Pathways.html');

Logan