It really goes without say anyone doing a solo trip make the necessary surface
precautions to come looking for you after a prescribed time period.

Even at time time the caver is to be out of the cave, it will be a fairly long
time before a rescue is started.

The trick is not have an accident. This sounds dumb, but think of the hundreds
of times we have gone caving without a single problem.

Solo is different? Only different in that one is alone. Every move, every step
I make is calculated in a slow deliberate manner. I never jump, watch my head
clearance, and pay attention where I am all the time in the cave. I never take
the slightest risk, but them again I cave this way even today.

Is solo safe? No!

Jim

Sent from my iPhone