"WE"?
You got another mouse in your pocket there wild-man?
I wonder if your last dam companions would want to be part of that "weeeee".

From: bgillegi...@gmail.com [mailto:bgillegi...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Gill
Edigar
Sent: Saturday, September 21, 2013 12:43 PM
To: Mixon Bill
Cc: Cavers Texas
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] Caves of Missouri

If we'd only known we could have been there with our rafts at the ready.

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 10:24 AM, Mixon Bill
<bmixon...@austin.rr.com<mailto:bmixon...@austin.rr.com>> wrote:
Mike, you're right. There is no Christmas Cave in the index or the list of
alternate cave names in "Caves of Missouri." As a fussy editor, I feel
compelled to point out that the author's name is J Harlen Bretz. The J is not
an abbreviation and is not followed by a period. Bretz was about 74 years old
when "Caves of Missouri" was published. I had lunch with him when he was about
90.

Among geologists, Bretz is best known for his investigation of the channeled
scablands in eastern Washington state. His explanation that they had to have
been created by a gigantic flood was met with considerable skepticism, but it
was eventually accepted. Modern hydrological research has estimated the peak
flow of the floods (there were a number of them) at about 10^7 cubic meters per
second. If you find it hard to picture that, it might be a little easier if I
point out that that's about equal to 10 cubic miles per hour.--Mixon
A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely
fatal.

You may "reply" to the address this message
came from, but for long-term use, save:
Personal: bmi...@alumni.uchicago.edu<mailto:bmi...@alumni.uchicago.edu>
AMCS: a...@amcs-pubs.org<mailto:a...@amcs-pubs.org> or
sa...@amcs-pubs.org<mailto:sa...@amcs-pubs.org>