The Starbucks crowd and similar probably wouldn't make it. But, folks who
demonstrate personal responsibility and don't expect everything to be done
for them would be resourceful and resilient. There's survivors and victims,
and adversity separates them quickly. And, some who might think they
couldn't make it would find out otherwise when push came to shove. Recent
example: folks who never conceived of being in a situation like the Boston
bombing did some pretty amazing and instinctual actions when the demand was
placed on them; and some who were uninjured simply were useless.