KIWI SINK Dig Report--Sunday, 23 June 2013--Six whole people showed up
today. We managed to fill and empty 4 barrels before lunch and then another
4 afterward--plus whatever David Locklear managed to get filled after we
left sometime after 4. He's camped out in Terry Raines' cow
pasture--digging in Kiwi when not planning his next adventure. There were
also 2 M rocks hoisted in the morning. A 20x30-foot tarp was rigged over
the pit to rot in the UV-radiation of the sun. Lowering of the floor along
the east wall continued to the point that we could see several meters down
into a previously known room. Much of the floor mud had been removed when I
left but David was hacking away as a  man possessed, opening up voids with
nearly every bucket loaded.
     Diggers on hand included:
  Don Broussard
  Gill Ediger
  Ernie Garza
  David Locklear
  Guin McDaid
  Ron Rutherford
      Visitors comprised:
  Most of the Andy Gluesenkamp and Jubal Grubb families.
  Kiwi took a lamp and explored some way down into the pit.
      The totals were:
  8 totally loaded barrels
  2 medium sized rocks
  At least 4 large rocks are strapped up on the floor of the sink and 6 or
 8 smaller ones  remain to be strapped up and hoisted; some will go up as
multiples.

The next scheduled dig will be 7 July 2013.
--Ediger