KIWI SINK Dig report for Sunday 9 December 2012--Terry and I pulled
one large rock out on Saturday afternoon to  make sure everything was
working right. Then Sunday morning we, which now included Ernie,
pulled about another 8 rocks out, some two at a time. By the time that
was done the winch was hot and most everybody else had shown up. Our
concentration of energy was to get the floor lowered so we could focus
on digging down the side-wall of the cave at a later date to find
going passage. One crawl way dig to the north is still fairly low
difficult of access. Once the floor level is lower we can start
pushing that lead in more earnest. With 5 or 6 people working in the
hole 6 barrels were rapidly filled and the winch truck called for. It
was lunch time anyway. The winch managed to lift all 6 barrels out
before it needed another rest. John Schneider showed up about the time
the hauling was completed. All the others took their leave and John
and I filled 2-1/2 more barrels and unearthed a few more rocks in the
doing it, calling it quits at 3 o'clock. The barrels did not get
hoisted, however. We'll try to get that done this week, along with
some rocks.
    The next dig is scheduled for the 23rd December but I probably
won't be there. Anybody wanting to go fill the barrels is welcomed to.
Be careful to not dig the supports out from under any overhead
rocks--please. After that, if my calculations are correct, 6 January
will be our next opportunity.
    Totals were: 8-1/2 barrels filled and about 8 rocks hoisted.

Those Present were:                           A contingent of
Gluesenkamps showed
Don Broussard                                    up and distracted the
winch operator.
Gill Ediger                                           Ruby, Jack, & Andy
Ernie Garza
John Kemner (Don's friend)
Terry Raines
Ron Rutherford