I had Stan introduce me to the biologist a few years ago and she stated
that there are no hibernating bats in Carlsbad Caverns.  There is a book from
the 50's that stated there were hibernating bats, but she told me it was wrong.
 If you have any references to hibernating bats in NM, please send them to me,
I'm collecting them.

thanks

Jen.