The issue I saw is that someone made a custom google map with the cave
location and left it public.  I use the custom maps for work or caving
trips all the time.  The key is to make them private.  You can still share
the maps but your locations and what not will not show up for the public to
see.  The quickest resolution might be to find the map owner (Bill is on
it) and get them to make the map private.

Joe