For starters, why not try the FIND A LOCAL GROTTO link on the
NSS home page (caves.org).  Click on Maryland to get a list of all
area grottos, with their websites and contacts.  You'll find there are
lots of choices, with lots of hard-charging cavers!

Better yet, come to the Virginia Region Fall Meeting this weekend
and meet a bunch of 'em!  It's about a 4-hour drive for you, but
promises a lot of fun.  See http://www.fallvar2012.com/.

Or if that's too short-notice, you could go to the NSS Search >
Member Search page and input your zip code or town to see what
cavers live nearby, then use your Members Manual to find their
contact info.

Welcome to the land of many great caves, Lissa!

Alex