The photo that looks like the climber is on formations is on page 46. At least to me, it looks like the type of very old, weathered formations one often sees around large cave entrances. My guess is that they didn't want people to be able to easily make copies of the magazine, which one could do easily from a PDF. I couldn't find any way to save the article electronically other than to print each couple of pages to PDF.

Mark