From: Mark Minton [mailto:mmin...@caver.net]
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 4:08 PM
To: texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] Past, Present, and Future of THE TEXAS CAVER - A
Discussion

         I agree with Mallory.  In the past, grotto newsletters were
usually very local in scope and not of general interest to cavers
elsewhere.  There might also be reports on things like vertical
practice or a survey class.  When there were enough (were there ever
really enough?) articles on original exploration or project and
expedition reports in Texas Caver, even sport trip reports could be
safely relegated to grotto newsletters.  However in the present
situation with few articles available, it might make sense to submit
all trip reports to both the local newsletter and Texas Caver.

Mark

Please reply to mmin...@caver.net
Permanent email address is mmin...@illinoisalumni.org