KIWI SINK Trip Report--A digging crew consisting of Don Broussard,
Alex Benavente, Gill Ediger, Ernie Garza, Andy Gluesenkamp, Jim Jasek,
Mimi Jasek, Terry Raines, and Ron Rutherford removed 10 55-gallon
drums of debris from the entrance of Kiwi Sink yesterday, 8 July 2012.
Several open voids in the fill under bedrock ceilings were opened to
the north and west, heading in the direction of floodwater flow. More
work is needed to get us into people-sized passage to the north.
A tarp was raised to put some shade on the dig after the morning
clouds went away and the sun came out. Just as we were picking up
tools the rains began. The next dig will be held on 22 July. Watch for
announcements. You can call me at 410-303-1177 if you have a question
you think I can answer.
--Ediger