Texas Cavers take note: The first TCR was held at Luckenbach in
1978--the better part of 35 years ago. Our original intent was to have
the Head Honcho serve for 2 or 3 or 4 years and then hand the job off
to someone else so that both the job and TCR could be kept fresh and
dynamic. Over the years the Head Honcho position has been filled by
both a group--Chuck Steuhm, Mike Walsh, and me--and by several
individuals--Mike Walsh, me, Christa McLeland, Andy Grubbs, and Allan
Cobb. It's not a hard job, but it gets old after a few years and a
Honcho's enthusiasm can wear thin with time. Allan has done an
admirable job over the past few years but has taken on some new
pursuits that he finds more rewarding than being Honcho at TCR. He's
asked that I post a public search for anyone aspiring to be Honcho for
the next few years.
   As many of the events--and people that run them--are already
organized and self starters, most of that business is taken care of.
The main duties left to be done involve Site Location, Registration,
Port-O-Potties, & Notification (post cards). Some of those things are
partially done and/or help is usually available for doing them, as
well. Allan and I and others remain available as mentors and problem
solvers. A little (minimal) organizational skill and a little
(minimal) authoritarian skill is required but mostly it's just
supervision and coordination that's needed. We have a
guidebook/checklist that's a bit out of date but will cover most of
the philosophy and details.
   The bottom line is that we have nobody in place to be Honcho for
TCR this year. Anybody with a aspiration to take on that job should
get ahold of me (email or phone--410-303-1177) and let's talk. If
nobody comes forward there's a good chance we'll not have a TCR this
year--or maybe never again. That would be a shame.

--Ediger