Watch this movie before you start asking questions.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/unforeseen/

Oct 17, 2011 12:15:22 AM, dlocklea...@gmail.com wrote:
Not being from Austin and living in a city without the politics of
karst, I am not familiar at all
with the issues that go on there. I am curious though, as to
how the various government entities and policies overlap and whose
policy is above the other.

I think what I am getting at below is, that if a landowner in the area
or a caver wanted to get involved in
( or just knowledgeable about ) the karst politics there, where do
they get the Cliff Notes version,
or "Karst Politics for Dummies," etc.

For example, there is an entity called the Barton Springs Edward
Aquifer Conservation District
( BSEACD ) and a policy called the Balcones Canyonlands Preserve ( BCCP ).

The BCCP is just an acronym for a conservation plan
of the USFWS. Right ?

I presume that the lands managed by the BCCP fall within the
jurisdictional boundaries of the BSEACD.
Is that correct ?

But the BCCP deals with all natural aspects of the lands being managed by its
cooperating partners, not just groundwater issues, but is just western
part of Travis
County. Right ?

And,

do other agencies such as Texas Commission of Environmental Quality (
TCEQ ) have
any authority the ones above ? or any others ?

Can anyone put it all in layman's terms ?

Also,

I am curious as to which gov't official, who is a proven friend of
karst, has the highest position
on the totem pole. Maybe that isn't the right wording. The
person considered most respectable
in the gov't that cavers have connections with ?

David Locklear

Ref:

http://www.tceq.texas.gov/field/eapp/apps.html

http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/water/wildland/downloads/appendixg-balconescanyonlandspreservekarstmonitoring.pdf