I've driven into Mexico quite a few times and learned much about the
processes involved--and what can go wrong--but I've never stumbled onto the
answer to one question. Before I embark on as grail-like a quest as trying
to contact the Mexican consulate in Dallas (no one answers, and the
voicemail is always full and can't accept any more messages), I thought I'd
try here, where the impressive expertise on all things right-wing-paranoiac
fills me with confidence that I'll obtain a factual answer: Is it possible
to cancel permisos de importación temporal de vehículos anywhere north of
the border? And if so, where and how?

Ed