texascavers Digest 13 Sep 2011 16:04:16 -0000 Issue 1390

Topics (messages 18566 through 18575):

Intro to Caving Slideshow?
        18566 by: Travis Scott

Re: Last 5 Days! Save up to 90% off! at Borders
        18567 by: Julia Germany

TCR and smoking
        18568 by: Julia Germany
        18572 by: Gill Edigar

Re: FEMA Q&A and new Web site for info on filing for Wildfire help
        18569 by: Julia Germany

some new YouTube videos
        18570 by: David

Re: Another caver family that needs your help
        18571 by: Jon Cradit

Re: Fire Extinguishers at TCR
        18573 by: Rod Goke

TSS Survey Mapping Workshop, Saturday, September 24th
        18574 by: Leslie Bell

Re: Steve Keselik -  Bastrop
        18575 by: Jon Cradit

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-subscr...@texascavers.com>

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-unsubscr...@texascavers.com>

To post to the list, e-mail:
        <texascavers@texascavers.com>

--- Begin Message ---
Howdy Fellow Speleonauts,

I was wondering if there was anyone out there who has either power point slideshows or digital graphics that could be used in a slideshow for beginning cavers. And if so, would you be willing to share with me?

I am looking for introduction /caving basics info and graphics that might include: karst geology/hydrology, cave types, cave formation info, biology, cave survey, collection, research/study, fun/exploration, etc.. I will likely customize it a LOT, but am looking for the basics as I am sure SOMEONE has done similar slideshows in recent times.

Thank you for helping your fellow cavers in advance!!!!

--
Travis Scott
tra...@oztotl.com

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
 Hi All!

This is caving-related: Don Arburn scored CHEAP copies of Blind Descent at his
Borders.

And, they are selling EVERYTHING, even non-book items, that could be used for
your caving collection.

julia

From: gv...@nckri.org
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 15:25:28 +0000
To: Texas Cavers<Texascavers@texascavers.com>;
mudmal...@hotmail.com<mudmal...@hotmail.com>
ReplyTo: gv...@nckri.org
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] Another caver family that needs your help

Steve was a big and excellent contributor to the Powell's Cave Project and many
others. Is there an account or point of contact for people to donate to or
connect with?

George

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

________________________________
From: Jon Cradit <jcra...@edwardsaquifer.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 10:19:09 -0500
To: 'Julia Germany'<germa...@aol.com>;
Texascavers@texascavers.com<Texascavers@texascavers.com>;
mudmal...@hotmail.com<mudmal...@hotmail.com>

Hi Folks,
Please be aware that long time caver Steve Keselik also lost his home as well
as his cabinet shop where he made his living.
Steve and his caving buddies are not the ones you see involved in caver
politics, being in charge of a big caver function, or sending out their
thoughts over the internet.
They are low key.  They just go caving and surveying around Texas as well as
Carlsbad and Lech.
Please keep Steve, his family and their needs in your thoughts and volunteer
efforts.  They will not be allowed back to their property until at least
Tuesday.

Jon Cradit