I just found out a few minutes ago that this caving vendor went out of
business in November.

Is that right ?

I remember the first time I saw one of their headlamps at TCR.
Probably 1986 or so, for me.    I
was immediately impressed by their battery packs, and had hopes of
getting one someday.

    http://www.hitchnhike.co.uk/acatalog/speleo_technics_dx3_14led.jpg

It does not look like other vendors have any products in
stock leftover from Speleo Technics.     Maybe in Europe ?

Or on e-Bay ?

I could presume their business failed for the obvious reasons, but anybody
know if there was something in particular that put the final nail in
the coffin ?

Is the closest thing to the DX3 a Raptor Pro ?

http://www.caving-gear.co.uk/objects/graphics/raptor-pro-kit2.jpg

David Locklear