>I think it's my favorite caving movie of all time.

I think you nailed it, Bill!  L'Abisso has that magic combination of
the thrill of new exploration, the link to past generations, enjoyable,
'real' characters with some depth, suberb videography, and a great
score.  It's a vibrant and beautiful tribute to the passion of caving.

I was delighted to premiere it at the ICS, and have the producers
there to see its popularity and receive their award.

When somebody wants to know what caving is all about, that's
what I show 'em!
Alex

--
Alex Sproul