From: David [mailto:dlocklea...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 15, 2011 2:49 PM
To: Cavers Texas
Subject: [Texascavers] Facebook related

I am right now sending out personal invitations via e-mail to the 500
NSS members in Texas to
invite them to NaturFest.

This would be 100 times easier if all of these people were on Facebook
and on a common caving group
page such as, "AllTexas Caver," or the TSA group.

Most of the e-mails so far have bounced back, and many don't have
e-mails.   Some are obvious typos.
Many have weird e-mail addresses that you have to carefully proofread,
which is no fun.

I would like to personally thank Mark Zuckerberg and the guys he stole
the idea from for making this
much easier.    Facebook is the best way at the moment to plan events,
but I can see something else
coming along someday to do it even better, and I am willing to bet it
will be a product from the winner
of the Android/iOS war.

Someone should try to track the folks down in the NSS manual and send
them a Facebook invite to their
favorite group.

I am leaving for Brenham in just 4 days to start setting things up, so
this is the last chance I will get to
send out invites.   If you never get an invite, it was not
intentional.    Some of you didn't want one and
got it several times from different sources.    Sorry about that.

Weather outlook so far for NaturFest is looking warm and muggy during
the day, but not so bad at night.

I have invited a whole lot more people this year, so if some of them
come, the event should break even.

David Locklear