http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tennessean/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=150760727

Here is a link to Dr. Tom Barr's obituary.  Very nicely done. I remember my
first conversation with him in the mid 1980's when I was a young scientist just
starting out in my career.  He actually called me about a regulatory question
when I was working for the state of Kentucky - I was honored and impressed how
down to earth a caving legend could be.  He really took an interest in young
folks and encouraged them as they developed their careers.  An early caver (NSS
892), NSS President and Honorary Member, author, scholar, ecologist, role
model, gentlemen, and mentor. He had an amazing career and many many friends.

He will be greatly missed.

Geary M. Schindel, P.G.
Chief Technical Officer
EDWARDS  AQUIFER