Monica:

This is not exactly what you are asking for, but is a piece of history of the
cave.   I lived 20 years in Texas and was one of charter members of the AMCS.
I was in and out of Bustamante numerous times, but did not participative in
surveying the cave.

However, in January 1975, I organized a trip to Bustamante for a Time-Life
writer, Donald Dale Jackson.   I enlisted the help of some Austin Cavers,
including Ron Ralph, Ronnie Fieseler,and others.

The result was a chapter in the Time-Life Book,   The Sierra Madre

The American Wilderness/Time-Life Books/New York

Donald Dale Jackson and Peter Wood

1975, LC: 75-21613

Chapter 2: The Dark Heart of a Cordilleria

p. 52-67

Ron and I then continued to take Jackson to Golendrinas, which he also wrote up
in the book.

Cheers --

Dwight Deal