Maybe cavers like the Doors because they made an especially relevant song, "Break On Through (To the Other Side)". ;-)

Mark

At 12:01 AM 5/21/2013, David wrote:
I have never met a single caver that did not like music.

I don't think I have ever met a caver that did not have a deep respect for the
music of the rock band, The Doors.

I bet many cavers went on road-trips and listened to that type of music on
their portable 8-track players back in the 70's and 80's.    Remember when it
was so cool to have an 8-track player in your car ?

Today we lost one of the band members of The Doors.

Here is a very interesting video related to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoRFAbdmKD4

Here is what that might sound like today if my favorite caver band were playing
it at TCR ( hint, hint ):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN4FYpIvUIw

David Locklear

Please reply to mmin...@caver.net