They re not living IN the high rises.  They are living under the bridge.
Under the bridge living is done all over (under) the major cities.
It's a whole different level of living.

________________________________
 From: Phil Winkler <pw...@dca.net>
To: Bill Bentley <ca...@caver.net>; mark.al...@l-3com.com
Cc: George Veni <gv...@nckri.org>; CaveTex <texascavers@texascavers.com>; New
Mexico Cavers <s...@caver.net>
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 2:38 PM
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] News report on threat to Bracken Bat Cave

It's not easy. Most of them are just winging it. Some got bridge loans,
too.

At 5/22/2013 02:31 PM -0500, Bill Bentley wrote:

How can those bats afford to
live in that high rent area?
>Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID
>

>mark.al...@l-3com.com wrote:
>
>Thanks for the interesting post, George.
>

>I do have one question, though, and I am NOT picking sides here:
>

>What� the difference between houses �00 to 900�yards away from the
Bracken Cave entrance and bats living under the Congress Street Bridge in
Austin, smack dab in the middle of downtown Austin?

>The Austin colony seems to be functioning fine and thriving, may I say,
growing? And the buildings (read �igh rises� are much closer than 800
to 900 yards.

>Just playing dumb here, so please don� advocate having me drawn and
quartered and left in a pile of guano!