I would just like to add some personal thoughts to Gill's post,

After taking a dinner break, there are now 3 barrels ready to haul out, and
2 medium size rocks ready to be tandemed-out.

My theory is the large rocks we are standing on now, are the orignal
ceiling of the room, which I think is what Gill is saying.    But those
rocks are large and held together with a thick gritty clay, which takes
some patience at removing with a small pick-axe, before you can attempt to
pry the rock.  But once you can get a choker strap around part of the rock,
then the gin-pole truck can dislodge it and then you can adjust the strap
and haul it out.   So that is what Gill means by the floor excavation is
going faster.   I have found prying the big rocks loose to be exhausting,
but Gil, Don, John, and Ernie, seem to do it without breaking a sweat.
 My newly designed digging tool, did not work well in the clay, but I found
other uses for it, as it could smack hard rocks better than the lighter
tools.   I ended up digging most of the day with a cheap hand-held pick-axe
that I got at Harbor Freight Tools.

The floor of the principal digging area is now about 10 feet in diameter
and relatively flat, with a couple of spots that are at least a foot or 2
deeper than the bottom of the ladder, in the area where the leads are, but
one of the holes is at least 4 feet deeper.    The floor of the cave is
deep enough now, that if you set your camera on the floor pointed towards
the sky, you should be able to get a nice photo with a wide-angle lense.
 If the ladder was not there, it would be an 18 foot rappel, at the moment,
but I think others believe it is going to be 28 feet when finished.

Ernie let me camp 2 nights.   I slept on my cot under his big oak tree,
with just a cotton sheet rigged over a string.   I got to relax there quiet
a bit, so that was awesome.

I did learn something new about caving on this trip, that is not in any
caving book - you truly have not caved with a person until that person has
released some spicy taco gas directly in your face.

David Locklear