Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and, now, I need your help.

For the last several years, cavers from around the state have
participated with the folks at TPWD and GS leaders from the Austin and
San Antonio area for their annual event at CBSP.

I just wanted to let you know that we have been invited to again assist
the Girl Scouts from the Austin and San Antonio area at Colorado Bend SP
for their annual Girl Scout Extravaganza.

They are needing our help to lead groups of girls on caving trips on
Saturday, January 12th.

They are usually split into three (or four groups) and we typically
visit Dynamite Cave, Turtle Shell Cave, and Cicurrina (sp?)  Cave and,
possibly, Gorman Falls.

A short cave talk at the Park office is usually given beforehand and the
girls will be providing their own equipment.

Female leaders are especially effective with the Scouts, as they seem to
like and appreciate members of the fairer sex who aren't afraid to have
fun and get dirty!

I was planning on helping, as were the kids, as we have the last 6 or 7
( 8?) years, but I found out my parents will be swinging through the DFW
area to see us and, primarily, their two new great granddaughters that
same weekend.

If any of you could head up this endeavor, I would be very much indebted
to you and the Conference Center available for GS caving volunteers'
use.

Please let me know if you can assist and I appreciate your past help
and, I hope, participation in January.

Thanks!

Mark Alman