If you would like to learn a bit more about the earlier history of Phantom Lake
Cave (and lots of other cave diving activity in Texas), check it out on pages
298-300 in 50 YEARS of TEXAS CAVING.

===Carl Kunath

From: dirt...@comcast.net
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:25 PM
To: Cave Texas
Subject: [Texascavers] Phantom Cave

Phantom Cave, the water source for Balmorehea State Park, West Texas

This was called to my attention by David Locklear (who apparently is no longer
corresponding on Tx Caver) via Pete Lindsley and the SW Cavers.

Ever since I first moved to the Big Bend in 1967, I have been fascinated by
this cave, both because of my interest in groundwater geology and in caves.

This is a beautiful web site documenting the January 2013 exploration.  It was
explored by hard-core cave divers last week, and is now the deepest underwater
cave in the U.S.A., and the 2nd deepest cave in Texas at 462 feet deep.

http://www.admfoundation.org/projects/phantomcave2013/phantom2013.html

I have never gotten into cave diving, however, and my own explorations of
Phantom Cave got me wet and muddy, but not underwater!

DirtDoc