There may be no hibernating bats now in CaCa, but it absolutely does not rule out the use of the cave by other species who do hibernate. There are a number of caves in the Guads where bats will do a stopover for one or a few nights, despite their roosting in another cave. And in at least one instance, a nursery colony exists in one Guad cave while the same bats hibernate in another one.

Jim

-----Original Message----- From: William Tucker
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2013 12:33 PM
To: s...@caver.net
Subject: Re: [SWR] WNS meeting in the media

There is a colony of Fringed Myotis of approximately that size that hang
around near Lake of the Clouds at the back of Left Hand Tunnel - the deepest
known part of the cave. Though a hibernating species, they are there in the
summer months and are not hibernating. Cave Myotis can also be found there
though I know of no significant colonies beyond these and the Freetails in
Bat Cave. Other species are known to use the cave but I know of no other
significant groups.

William

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Evatt