Cave trip to Nepal, anyone:

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2012/10/mustang-caves/richards-photography?source=email_photo&utm_source=NatGeocom&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=pom_20120918&utm_campaign=Content

julia

-----Original Message-----
From: National Geographic <n...@e.nationalgeographic.com>
To: germanyj <germa...@aol.com>
Sent: Tue, Sep 18, 2012 6:33 am
Subject: Photo of the Month -- September 2012

If you're having trouble viewing this email, see it on the Web.

        September 2012

        PHOTO OF THE MONTH by Cory Richards,    from the October 2012 story
"Sky Caves of Nepal"

Dusk in Mustang, Nepal
        Dusk falls over the temples and homes of Tsarang, once the most
important town in Mustang. Here, cliffside caves offer clues to a time when the
remote Himalayan kingdom was a hub linking Tibet to the rest of the world.

                Download this and hundreds of other wallpapers.

Photo of the Day
        See a new picture every day, and download free wallpaper.

2012 National Geographic Photo Contest
                Browse recent entries and submit your best shot for a chance to
win.

Blood Ivory
Take a look inside the illegal ivory trade and its tragic impact on elephants.

Meso Amazing
        Discover the wondrous inhabitants of Central America's Mesoamerican
reef system.

Playing Rio
        Glamorous and glitzy, poverty-stricken and dangerous, see Rio de
Janeiro as never before.

Travel 365
Broaden your world view with this new daily feature, then share your favorites
and join the discussion.

Best of August
See the most popular pictures from last month's Photo of the Day, featuring
photos shot by our community.

Food Photography Tips
Add spice to your food pictures with tips from photographer Penny De Los
Santos.

NGM on Instagram
See what our photographers are up to with daily pictures from the field.

        NGM Features >

        Trees >

        Weekly Wrapper >

        Underwater >

        Butterflies >

        Maya Travel >

Autumn Scenes >

        Pics We Love >

        Wicked Weather >

        Rishikesh >

 Visions of Earth
        Browse through breathtaking visions of the world as seen through a
photographer's eye.

Watch: Photo Camp Baltimore
 This summer's Photo Camp brought together young refugees and taught them to
document their lives. See a video of their work.

Ultimate Running Gear
>From "barefoot" shoes to toe spacers, check out the gear you need to take your
>run to the next level.

          If you received this email from a friend and would like to subscribe
to this or other National Geographic emails, click here.

              Unsubscribe | Privacy Policy | About Us

          Click the unsubscribe link above to be removed from our email
program, or send your request to…
          National Geographic; Attn: E-newsletter Program; 1145 17th Street NW;
Washington, DC 20036.

          Copyright © 2012 National Geographic Society. All Rights Reserved.

          To ensure you receive your National Geographic emails, please add
n...@e.nationalgeographic.com to your address book now. Learn how.