texascavers Digest 22 Oct 2012 20:38:16 -0000 Issue 1651

Topics (messages 20907 through 20921):

TCMA Breakfast at TCR
        20907 by: Linda Palit
        20910 by: James Jasek
        20912 by: Mimi Jasek

TCR
        20908 by: Linda Palit
        20909 by: James Jasek
        20911 by: Mimi Jasek
        20913 by: Allan B. Cobb

Friday wine & cheese
        20914 by: Mimi Jasek

UT Grotto Halloween party
        20915 by: pstrickland1.austin.rr.com

Caving AND Power Tools?! It Must Be a Longhorn Caverns Project Weekend,
November 2nd thru 4th!
        20916 by: Mark.Alman.L-3com.com
        20917 by: Lyndon Tiu
        20918 by: Mark.Alman.L-3com.com
        20921 by: Julia Germany

TCR 2012
        20919 by: Oztotl

[Congratulations!]
        20920 by: Oztotl

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-subscr...@texascavers.com>

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-unsubscr...@texascavers.com>

To post to the list, e-mail:
        <texascavers@texascavers.com>

--- Begin Message ---
THANKS to all for making the TCMA Breakfast happen.  There would be no
reason to cook if there were not hungry mouths to feed. And the people
coming out before dawn to prepare the food are noble!  I can get up but
these people can cook!

Great works, and gracias,
Linda

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Linda,

The breakfast was very good. Thank you and everyone for doing it.

Jamas Jasek
On Oct 21, 2012, at 7:38 PM, Linda Palit wrote:

THANKS to all for making the TCMA Breakfast happen. There would be no reason to cook if there were not hungry mouths to feed. And the people coming out before dawn to prepare the food are noble! I can get up but these people can cook!

Great works, and gracias,
Linda

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
I second what Jim said:) Thank you so much!

Mimi Jasek
Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 21, 2012, at 8:00 PM, James Jasek <caver...@hot.rr.com> wrote:

> Linda,
>
> The breakfast was very good. Thank you and everyone for doing it.
>
> Jamas Jasek
> On Oct 21, 2012, at 7:38 PM, Linda Palit wrote:
>
>> THANKS to all for making the TCMA Breakfast happen.  There would be no
>> reason to cook if there were not hungry mouths to feed. And the people
>> coming out before dawn to prepare the food are noble!  I can get up but
>> these people can cook!
>>
>> Great works, and gracias,
>> Linda

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Awesome!   Thanks to Don, Ellie, and all the volunteers who make it happen.

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Yes, it was a great weekend. Great weather and great people.

James Jasek
On Oct 21, 2012, at 7:40 PM, Linda Palit wrote:

Awesome! Thanks to Don, Ellie, and all the volunteers who make it happen.

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Another fantastic good time with a community of people who can't be beat!
Thanks all who made it happen, and next year we plan to try to get there
earlier to enjoy even more!

Till we're together again, keep caving:)

Mimi Jasek

Sent from my iPhone

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Thanks Linda for making breakfast happen. Also, thanks to all those who were
out there before dawn getting everything set up and those who showed up after
dawn to cook and serve. I would also like to thank everyone who came out to
have some wonderful breakfast and help support TCMA.

Thanks all,

Allan

From: Mark.Alman <mark.al...@l-3com.com>
To: texascavers <texascavers@texascavers.com>
Cc: germanyj <germa...@aol.com>; Kuvasz1 <kuva...@mygrande.net>; lyndon.tiu
<lyndon....@gmail.com>; bill <b...@zaraenvironmental.com>; natashanichole
<natashanich...@yahoo.com>; cefrancke <cefran...@yahoo.com>; trogdog
<trog...@hotmail.com>; cowboycountry <cowboycoun...@sbcglobal.net>; mreaiken
<mreai...@gmail.com>; Mark Alman <texascav...@yahoo.com>; bellember
<bellem...@yahoo.com>; edwin lehr <edwin_leh...@hotmail.com>;
kristopherchandler <kristopherchand...@yahoo.com>; sharonavery409
<sharonavery...@yahoo.com>; caseydtucker <caseydtuc...@gmail.com>; mmayeu4
<mmay...@gmail.com>

Well, with TCR in the rearview mirror, andHalloween will soonbe behind us by
the time thisrolls around, what better way to kick off the fall than a
Longhorn Caverns Projectweekend involving caving, electricity, and power tools!
The TPWD has graciouslyfollowed through and purchased some much needed
equipment for us to make some long overdue trailimprovements to a few areas
Throughout the cave.
Other funds for severalother projects in the cave are to follow.
In the meantime, thisproject will involve scoring ~ 61 feet of concrete
throughout thecave (after we remove some gawd awful Astroturf © ) to improve
[...]

So far, those pesky Maya were wrong, the world didn't end this weekend. In
fact, there was a coming together, a reunion, instead. The annual gathering of
Cavers was joyous and productive, for me anyway. And in a way it's not over,
there are lost item, more reunions to be. Contact me to inquire.

Cavers, you made it happen, more than three hundred and fifty of you. I merely
answered a few questions and pointed fingers. Thank you for a great,
unforgettable weekend! The memories will last a lifetime! I hope you had a good
time and if you did, please thank yourself and especially these people: our
spouses & our friends, specifically; Allan Cobb, Ellie Watson, Galen Falgout,
Ann Scott, Linda Palit, Michael Cicherski, Ron Ralph, Stefan Creaser, Susan
Souby, Colin & Peter Strickland, Kitty & Kurt, Bill Steele, Amy Beverage, Bev
Shade, David Ochel, Lydia Hernandez, Denise Prendergrast, Jocie Hooper, Bill
Stephens, Tommy Joe, Leslie Bell, Vico Jones, RD Milholland, Kyle Leonard, and
to the many volunteers and good  people, whose personage I have may
unfortunately  forgot today, who made this wonderful happening!

Thanks to Whole Earth Provision Company, Shiner Brewing, GGG, TSS, TSA, Mercy
Beads & Jonathan Wilson, for prizes and certificates and, I believe, our first
ever bouncy castle. There were others, you know who you are, thank you.

Chris Vreeland, thanks for immortalizing the camaraderie. Crash, thanks for
mastering the ceremony and Angela Edwards for sharing the gifts.

Kyle Leonard, thanks for bringing your Aggies, we needed the help, and they
came through!

Wesley Schumacher, good job with the wholesome earthy competition.

Thanks, Bexar Grotto for bringing some class and entertaining guests!

TCMA, thanks for starting our day-after-the-apocalypse-morning off with
caffeine and sustenance on Sunday.

And a thanks to Paul Dixon at Paradise Canyon for being a gracious host and
sharing his cool waters, green grass and shady canyon.

-Don

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Congratulations to Heather Túček for being elected Texas Speleological
Association's Secretary and Roger Moore as our new Vice-President. Three
things; thank you for stepping up, you both have big shoes to fill, and a
hearty "welcome aboard"!

That is all, back to work.

Don Arburn
President Texas Speleological Association
donarb...@mac.com

--- End Message ---