I wouldn't think a wildlife foundation would find any variety of snakes to be
undesirable but I do understand the human safety factor.

Fritz (troublemaker)

________________________________
From: bgillegi...@gmail.com [mailto:bgillegi...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Gill
Edigar
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:14 AM
To: wesley s
Cc: texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] FW: Poor little rattlesnakes

At the Welder Wildlife Foundation headquarters (living quarters, lab and
libraries, admin offices, etc) comprising an area of 5 or so acres they have a
4-foot high hog-wire perimeter fence with a 12 or 18 inch barrier of 1/2-inch
hardware cloth (set into the soil a couple of inches) wired to to the bottom of
the hog-wire around the entire perimeter. The hog-wire keeps the larger animals
out of  the compound and the 1/2-inch mesh keeps the majority of the rattle
snakes out. Desirable snakes and other beasts are permitted inside the compound.
--Ediger
On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 2:13 PM, wesley s