Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 09:17:03 -0500
From: back2scool...@hotmail.com
To: mmin...@caver.net; texascavers@texascavers.com; s...@caver.net
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] Northern Region Cave Closures

That's because in the eyes of the center for biological diversity, we are the
real disease.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad

On May 24, 2012 3:02 PM, Mark Minton <mmin...@caver.net> wrote:
        Apparently the northern region of the U. S. Forest service is
considering a plan to close all caves on Forest Service lands in the northern
Rockies of Montana and Idaho to protect against WNS, even before there is any
evidence that it is a threat there.  The plan could take effect this summer.
Our nemesis the Center for Biological Diversity has a hand in this.  Ex-Texas
caver Mike McEachern is quoted in the article.  <
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-05-16/business/sns-rt-us-usa-bats-diseasebre84g05f-20120516_1_bat-disease-white-nose-syndrome-caves-and-mines

Mark

Please reply to mmin...@caver.net
Permanent email address is mmin...@illinoisalumni.org