---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sarah Richards <srichs...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 3:06 PM
Subject: Fwd: Latest WNS decontamination protocols
To: varl...@listserv.vt.edu

All,

Follow this link for the latest version of the USFWS WNS decontamination
protocols (as of 6/25/2012):
http://whitenosesyndrome.org/sites/default/files/resource/national_wns_revise_final_6.25.12.pdf

Note that hot water is the easiest and safest method available! I have
taken to cleaning the heavy stuff off my gear and then putting everything
in my washing machine (set on hot) to soak. I just fill up my washer with
hot water, put all my gear in there, close the lid, and leave it for 20
minutes. Then I pull out my helmet, footware, knee pads, etc. before
letting the wash cycle continue. Seems to work well and doesn't kill my
hands with exposure to harsh chemicals. Check the temperature on your hot
water heater and the resultant temperature of your hot wash cycle to ensure
that it maintains the 122-degree water temperature for the full 20 minutes.

Sarah

(Permission granted to repost as necessary.)

--
May you be well. May you be happy and healthy. May you be free from
suffering and pain. May you be filled with loving kindness. Namaste.