Dear Friends,

Below is an announcement I sent about a month ago for a fundraising job
position at NCKRI. This is a reminder that we are still taking applications.
Please share it with anyone you think may be interested:

The National Cave and Karst Research Institute (NCKRI) is hiring a new
Advancement Director. Ann Dowdy has done a wonderful job establishing the
foundation of NCKRI's Advancement Program, but needs to leave for personal
reasons. She is able to generously give us substantial advance notice to
minimize the time that the position will be vacant.  Her successor will
continue fund raising for NCKRI and marketing its programs.

I'm sending you this message because of your interest in caves, karst, and
NCKRI. While many of you won't be interested in the job for yourselves,
please forward this note to anyone you think may be interested. You are also
welcome to post it on websites and in newsletters. The announcement has also
been sent to newspapers and various websites. We are accepting applications
until 26 April 2012.

The job announcement is posted at
http://www.nmt.edu/images/stories/hr/pdfs/advdirnckri12222-020.pdf. NCKRI is
administered by the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology. The
employment application form is at
http://www.nmt.edu/images/stories/hr/pdfs/employment_nmt.pdf, but it must be
mailed, not e-mailed, along with resumes and any other supporting material.
The job will be stationed at NCKRI headquarters in Carlsbad, New Mexico. If
you have questions, please contact Karla Montoya at kmont...@admin.nmt.edu
or (575) 835-6962. Caving experience or advanced knowledge of caves and
karst, while certainly welcome and helpful, are not required for this job.
The Advancement Director will play a vital role in generating funds and
support to continue building NCKRI's staff and programs, which includes
assisting NCKRI's friends and partners whenever possible.

Thank you,

George

***************************

George Veni, Ph.D.

Executive Director

National Cave and Karst Research Institute

400-1 Cascades Avenue

Carlsbad, New Mexico 88220-6215  USA

Office: 575-887-5517

Mobile: 210-863-5919