Jewel Cave National Monument is planning a project to restore the extensive
 trail network throughout Jewel Cave. This involves replacing, labeling,
and  moving navigational flagging used through trade routes, recreation
routes, and  common exploration travel corridors.

We are soliciting help from cavers to assist starting January 2012.  Trips
range from novice to advanced, and will be planned based on people’s
interest and schedules. We can coordinate trips with individuals or groups of
cavers alike.

In addition, exploration opportunities are also available for any
interested cavers. This project will provide an excellent opportunity to see
diverse areas of Jewel Cave.

Accommodations and caving equipment are provided. Prior caving  experience
is required.

If you’re interested, please email _Lee-Gray_Boze@nps.gov_
(mailto:lee-gray_b...@nps.gov) . Or call at  605-673-8312. For more information
about Jewel
Cave, please visit _www.nps.gov/jeca_ (http://www.nps.gov/jeca) . Jewel Cave
National  Monument is located just 6 hours from Denver. It is currently the
second longest  cave in the world at 155 miles (250 km).

If you know of any cavers who may be interested in coming to Jewel  Cave,
please feel free to forward this to them.