The Bexar Cavers that the TSS does _not_ have, even as photocopies, are

Any issues of volume 1 (1971, called the Alamo Area Chapter Newsletter) other than 3,4,5,8,9,10. That is, we're probably missing 1,2,6,7,11,12, assuming issues in fact came out every month. The issues were not actually numbered in print. The issues we have are numbered based on the month of the meeting announcement. The numbering may be incorrect if some of the missing issues never existed.

Any issues of volume 2 (1972, also called the Amamo Area Chapter Newsletter) other than 2,8,9,11,12. That is, missing are 1,3-7, and 10. The same note about numbering applies.

The only copy we have of Bexar Caver volume 6, number 6 (June 1976), which was spirit duplicated ("purple Ditto"), spent some time wet and is half illegible. A replacement would be nice.

We are missing volume 7 number 3 (March 1977), if it exists. It may not, because number 2 ends with page 9 and number 4 starts with page 10.

Copies or scans of missing material can be sent to the TSS or directly to me (Bill Mixon, 14045 North Green Hills Loop, Austin, Texas 78737).

My scanning that one particular old Texas newsletter is sort of a demonstration project to encourage the TSS to do the same thing to other old Texas caving club newsletters, rare and not so rare. I don't expect to have time to do much more of that myself. I'm sure they'd love other volunteers. You need a flat-bed scanner and, hopefully, some image editing software to straighten and optimize the scans, as well as some program to assemble the pages back into issues or volumes. (Word can probably do that.) Considering the alternative, which is not getting them scanned at all, I imagine you wouldn't be under a lot of pressure to get it done in a hurry. Contact a TSS board member, not me (although I do have that long write-up on how I do it). -- Mixon
I believe there are
15,747,724,136,275,002,577,605,653,961,181,555,
468,044,717,914,527,116,709,366,231,425,076,185,
631,031,296 protons in the universe and the same number of electrons.— Sir Arthur Eddington
You may "reply" to the address this message
came from, but for long-term use, save:
Personal: bmi...@alumni.uchicago.edu
AMCS: edi...@amcs-pubs.org or sa...@amcs-pubs.org