I am forwarding this to the Southwestern Region remailer & Arizonacavers list in the hopes that someone in Arizona will make contact and investigate this, I would do it but it is way to far for me to travel. It may be nothing and then again it may be something. I had previously forwarded it to a Arizona Caver back in September and I guess no one has responded...

Thanks,
Bill

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tracy Andersen" <trcyp...@aol.com>
To: "Bill Bentley" <ca...@caver.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 1:37 AM
Subject: Re: Another possible site?

Bill, I haven't heard of anyone going out to check out that site -- did you make contact with anyone?

I have been out to the site twice, and found a short (50-60 ft) wall of white rock, that appears to have been upthrust from the meteor impact. The rock wall is some 10-15 ft wide, and many vertical fissures in it, running parallel to it. My second trip, I tried to see if the wall extended beyond, on either side, but exploration in dense brush showed nothing for 200 ft or so to either side. The white rock is anomalous, in my mind, as everything else around here is red granite, including surrounding that white rock.

I have brought back some small samples of that rock, and have asked a couple of universities here if they could analyze it for any unique crystal signatures, indicating a shocked occurrence in the past, as a final proof of meteor involvement. But so far, no response. A bit of a disappointment.

I would be interested to know if you have had any further communication from anyone here in Arizona.

All the best,
Tracy