From: Jon Cradit [mailto:jcra...@edwardsaquifer.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 11:05 AM
To: texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: [Texascavers] FW: Steve Keselik - Bastrop

Hi Cavers,
I have been in contact with Steve, he said that tomorrow he will be able to get
back to his place and he will be meeting the insurance adjuster then.  His
place is snuggled up against Lost Pines State Park, which as you may have seen,
sustained the majority of the wild fire.  As we all know unless you have a VERY
expensive insurance policy the insurance companies only pay a percentage of the
replacement cost; and that usually is a small percentage (sorry Fritz, don't
take offense)
His family is staying with some local friends in their home right now and he
said he doesn't quite know what his needs are right now.  He was able to save
his pickup which had some of his portable tools so he can do some limited work
for a while.  But he will be concentrating on his home place here soon so his
funds will be running low fast.  If you have any extra home type goods, or want
to buy some, you might set them aside right now and save them until he has a
home to put them in.
Most of y'all don't know Steve and his caving experience, but I'm sure you have
seen him around.  He is at most of the TCRs and TSA conventions, hanging in the
background.  In Steve's words he ..." isn't a mover and shaker in the caving
community but he is a part of the tribe".  Like George said Steve worked in the
Powell's Cave project along with many other TSA projects over the 20-plus years
he has been caving.  He has been on extended mapping trips in Lechuguilla and
Carlsbad.  I have enjoyed caving with him mostly because he is always up-beat,
happy, and a team player, even in the grimmest of cave passages.  I don't think
I have ever seen him bummed out or discouraged.
If you would like to help his family with a financial donation, Steve's current
mailing address is:  Steve Keselik, 255 Mesquite Dr., Cedar Creek, TX 78612
In a few weeks he will be ready to start the physical cleanup of his property.
I will let the cavers know when that is planned if you are able to come and
help.

Jon Cradit