From: Terry Holsinger [mailto:tr...@sprynet.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2011 3:54 PM
To: galen falgout
Cc: Stefan Creaser; trog...@cavechat.org; tcrco...@texascavers.com;
mrzap...@gmail.com; jociehoo...@austin.rr.com; Matthew Zappitello
Subject: Re: [tcrcooks] Menu...

Ok, we only have 7 weekends till TCR IF we count this one.

We need to get this menu figured out quick.

We need to figure out exactly what DISHES (recipes) we are going to have
and who is going to cook what. We need to test cook those dishes unless
it is something that the cook is used to cooking, and need to make sure
the different dishes fit together somewhat as a meal, sort of.

Stef, home-made sausage is out, no time, we still need to go and
select/collect the cow, kill the cow, butcher said cow, figure out how
to cook a WHOLE cow (not just the choice bits) cook said cow, and also
make sausage out of the other bits (also remember this will be a lean
range feed animal so low on the fat content, same as the wild boar we
SHOULD be getting , also will need to go and get that) and at the same
time figure out the rest of the menu, purchase ingredients, prepare
ingredients, and get out to and set up at the site (fill propane tanks,
service cookers, haul trailers out, set up tables, find servers, etc,)
then feed 500 folk on site. Not really enough time unless we all have
all the weekends free till then and I know "we" don't.

Sandi has given us two "side dish" options so far

"Congri arroz:  Cuban black beans and rice dish.  Cheap, easy, and
vegetarian. Often served with fried bananas/plantains.

Jamaican cornbread: Spiced version of cornbread with coconut in it.  Had
it at the Jammin' House Cafe in Marble Falls. I can prob rip off the
recipe."

Clearly we are looking at cooking some Beef and wild pig, but how, and
what else for a main? Chicken? Fish?

Are we going to have appetizers (sausage bits?) for the line before (to
help keep the grumbling down)?

Desert may be Matt's suggestion of pineapple upside down cake.
(Pineapple is pacific ocean in origin, correct?)

Leaves the whole rest of the menu open......

Terry H.

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
medium.  Thank you.