As I said, it was just an experiment.    The site Jim mentioned was
immediately deleted less than 15 minutes after it was created.   I was
only trying to show
a few cavers what it was I was experimenting with.

What I am getting at and that nobody is listening, is that young
potential cavers ( in general ) will not use listserves.    They don't
want to be bombarded with
e-mails about WNS, Cave geology, gating caves, or any of the other
so-called real caving stuff.

The age of the average CaveTex user is getting older and older, and it
will die, whether or not I am posting anything.

The majority of cavers in Texas ( around 1,000 ) don't want to have
anything to do with CaveTex.

I did not ruin CaveTex.    Lots of other cavers have posted things
that 99 % of us did not want to receive.

I emphasize that Facebook is just a fad, like the pet rock.    But it
has potential for the time-being to educate potential cavers.

David Locklear