Has there been a BOG meeting in Austin since 1977 or 1978, shortly before the 1978 convention? That's when the legendary Buda party occurred.

But, as has been noted, the BOG meeting lasts all day Saturday, and, with transportation time, doesn't leave a lot of time for anything else unless a BOG member wants to take Monday off work too.

RD called me about this question. Apparently there is a move afoot to involve the board in a Sunday discussion about the future of the NSS at its next non-convention meeting. (RD is chairman of the Long Range Planning Committee, a thankless job if there's ever been one.) To the extent that BOG members are willing to put up with that, it makes it even harder to do anything else that weekend besides the BOG meetings-- and of course the Saturday night party. We talked about Austin as a possibility, but the lack of direct flights to and from Austin would add a couple of hours' travel time on Sunday and make it even harder for BOG members to participate in a lengthy Sunday discussion. It seemed to me that a city with better connections, such as Dallas, Atlanta, or Chicago, would be a better bet for that meeting.

Aside from that, it certainly wouldn't be that hard to pull off a meeting here in Austex, sometime. -- Mixon
He who renders warfare fatal to all engaged in it will be the greatest benefactor the world has yet known.--Sir Richard Burton
You may "reply" to the address this message
came from, but for long-term use, save:
Personal: bmi...@alumni.uchicago.edu
AMCS: edi...@amcs-pubs.org or sa...@amcs-pubs.org