From VAR list (Cheryl Jones):

Mark your calendars!
Subcommittee on Fisheries, Wildlife, Oceans and Insular Affairs
Oversight Hearing on "Why We Should Care About Bats: Devastating
Impact White-Nose Syndrome is Having on One of Nature's Best Pest Controllers"
Friday, June 24, 2011 10:00 AM

http://naturalresources.house.gov/Calendar/EventSingle.aspx?EventID=246794

WNS Liaison Peter Youngbaer will be testifying on behalf of the NSS.

You're invited to the hearing, or you may watch live (or later) on
the Internet.
http://naturalresources.house.gov/Live/

Peter notes:

"For context, they are planning only one panel this time, with US
Fish and Wildlife, US Forest Service, US Geological Survey,
Bat Conservation International, and the NSS.  They
may also try to add a farm agency from USDA, but he said 'they don't
seem to be interested.'

The angle they are pursuing is, this was discovered 5 years ago, we
testified 2 years ago, how close are we to finding a solution after
states and the federal government have spent $25 million (their figure)."

Cheryl

Please reply to mmin...@caver.net
Permanent email address is mmin...@illinoisalumni.org