FWIW, I have recently purchased a customDUO insert to replace the halogen bulb
in the headlamp (see details below). This was intended to complement the 14-LED
side module in the headlamp. It took about 4 weeks to ship from the UK, and I
received it in time to install it on the first evening of the TSA Convention in
my Petzl Duo headlamp. Installation was really simple and only required a small
screwdriver from my Leatherman tool. Several cavers joined me in walking off
into the woods to compare the light output of this insert (cost: about $100)
with a Stenlight S7 (cost: about $310 for the standard version, including
charger and extra battery; $60 extra for version with premium LEDs) and a
Scurion 700 model (cost: about $700, including spare battery and charger).

Verdict: customDUO insert compares favorably in light output to the Stenlight
S7 on highest setting, and to the Scurion700 on lowest setting. The beam
pattern is intermediate between the highly focused Stenlight and the very
diffuse low setting of the Scurion.

Details about insert: cd701-XPG twins, two Cree XPG LEDs, focussed and full
flood. Smooth spot optic. Single mode (700 mA regulated) providing 280 lumens.
R4 neutral white LEDs.

I have not had the opportunity yet to test this on a caving trip, but will
report on my impressions of the insert once I get the chance.

More info:

http://customduo.co.uk/twinmodules.aspx

I prefer the Ecrin Roc helmet, it is really sturdy and easy to clean and
decontaminate and dries quickly.

Diana

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Diana R. Tomchick
Associate Professor
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Department of Biochemistry
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Rm. ND10.214B
Dallas, TX 75390-8816, U.S.A.