Folks,

I just wanted to send out a STRONG reminder about the Bexar Grotto Party for
Chris Lafferty. Chris is a chemical engineer and will be on a temporary duty
assignment for up to 6 months in the San Francisco area. He recently moved from
Houston to San Antonio and has become a active and important member of the
grotto. However, being an engineer, he suffers from Engineer personality
Disorder (EpD) or commonly referred to as ED. And because of that, doesn't have
many (any) friends. (it's also okay to talk about it in front of him as he has
no clue we're talking about him and will actually join in the conversation
about the poor dwebe). So, Sue and I are concerned that we're going to throw a
party and no one is going to show up. That means we'll end up having to talk to
Chris BY OURSELVES all night long (think of hanging out with Sheldon Cooper).
After that, we'll probably have a personality disorder (or a bigger one).

However, the party also offers a great opportunity for a social experiment.
Chris is going to San Francisco as an engineer but what will he come back as (I
assume with "flowers in his hair" - for you social illiterates, that's a
reference to a 60's rock song). You can get a glimpse of Chris and and compare
it to the future Chris. We can throw another party when he gets back and
compare notes. So, make sure you bring your cell phones and we'll video archive
the party.

For those of you in the S.F. area, please be kind to this gentle soul, take him
caving and show him a good time but we DO want him back - though maybe changed
some. Frank B., maybe you could arrange to take him to the Folsom Street Fair,
that ought to weird him up a little bit.

If' you've gotten this far and still want to come, it's open to cavers, and the
friend of Chris'. It starts at 5 pm tonight (Saturday) at Geary and Sue
Schindel's, 11310 Whisper Dawn, San Antonio. 78230. Phone is 210.479.2151. It's
pot luck and we'll have some burgers and dogs on the grill. Also, we've
reinstated the ban of climbing on the roof.

For those that haven't RSVPed, please send a note or call so we have a rough
head count (it will help calm our fears of being alone with him).

Feel free to roast Chris a little on Texas Cavers if you like.

Geary