>From her mother:

Another good milestone today! Mallory smiled at her caver friend nicknamed
"Puppy". Mal wakes up more after PT has been working with her about 15
minutes. They wanted to stand her but the 3rd therapist was tied up so they
enlisted Puppy to help. He was sitting by the bed and had to hold her knees
or thighs. When they sat her down, they wanted her to lift her head. So they
told her to lift her head and look at Puppy. They had to help her with her
head, but when she did she gave the biggest smile. We all saw it, even the
nurse who wasn't really participating in this event. It was so good to see
her smile.

I took a tour of Tirr Rehab hospital today. Mal has been approved by
insurance for Tirr. The patient liason has talked to me. Mal is scheduled to
go in next week as soon as medically approved. Her fever is gone. Lung X-ray
better. Still coughing but not as much. For those who are visiting, they are
moving her out of ICU into intermediate care as soon as a room opens up. So
you will need to find her new room. This was plannd early this morning and
when we left at 9 p.m., she was still in ICU. Slowly but surely.